58th session in 2012
Sailed at The Wall, WA
Wind from the WNW (mph)
Board: '09 RRD WaveTwin 82
Sail: '11 Naish Force 3.4
The very best thing about today was that I didn't have to sail an orange board and an orange sail, which is what usually happens at the Wall. Both of those are relegated to the world of consignment, which is totally Uncle Rico.
Best things about the trip:
- Learning how to say "nice" with varying degrees of inflection.
- Coming up with trend-setting alternatives to saying "nice". (Watch for them to infiltrate your lexicon soon without you even knowing it.)
- Hangin with my wife and buds
- Windsurfing and stuff
- Getting rid of that orange sail.
- Retro day at the Hatch (Tyson tried a monkey duck, and has a bad-ass body drag, even while wearing a flourescent pink tank top with something like: "Texas Nationals - Corpus Christi - 1988" written on it.
- Staying at Bill's. Staying in the barn in Parkdale. Staying in the Man Cave in HR.
- Being in the best place in the world doing the best sport in the world.
- Being close enough to Portlandia to know that it was OK for me to go ahead and get one of these in my ears: