Mark's WindLog for Friday July 29, 2011 , 10:30p - 2:00p

34th session in 2011
Sailed at BIB
Wind from the E (mph)
        Lulls: 12
        Average: 18
        Gusts: 25
Rated a 8 of 10

Board: Choco custom Rodeo Maschina 125
Sail: 6.3 Severne S-1
Fin: Choco Starfish 22cm
Suit: Boardshorts
Water Temperature: 90 F
Air Temperature: 95 F

WW Kids Camp day one almost did not happen thanks to the big ranger at the entrance. He told me the park was going to close at noon (and they were going on indefinite administrative leave) and they were going to drive out people from BIB at 11:00am. Since I got there at 10:00am, he asked if I really wanted to "unstrap that thing" pointing to my board on top of my car. After driving for 4 hours, I said " hell yes" and drove off. He also implied the park was unlikely to open tomorrow. This was all on the the threat of Tropical Storm Don.

The park ended up staying open from 10:00a to 3:00p and it was sunny and nice. A bit gusty but flat planing sideshore conditions. Perfect for freestyle. I pulled off a ton of DW360s, but only pulled a few vulcan attempts. I am still leary of my harness lines.

The kids did great. I think they will do better in the projected lighter winds forecasted for the next few days.

BTW, not only did the TS miss us, but we did not even get a drop of rain.